Since baby M has been having pasta, I was always curious when to add tomatoes to his diet, since so much of what I cook and eat has them. This recipe was definitely a success. M ate this
up with no complaints and opened his mouth for every bite!
2 tbsp Barilla pasta stars (or any mini pasta)
2 tbsp unsalted butter (i prefer organic)
1/2 clove chopped garlic
handful of kale (depends how green you want it)
3 tomatoes (seeded, roughly chopped)
1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
– Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package (boil about 6 minutes)
– In a separate skillet, melt the butter
– Saute garlic for 30 seconds
– Toss in the tomatoes (remember! no seeds to avoid acidity)
– Stir, cover, and cook for about 6 minutes
– When tomatoes get mushy, add in kale, cover and steam for about 3 minutes until kale is tender
– stir in cheese so it melts into the mixture
– Cool mixture
– Puree until smooth
– toss puree into pasta
– mix and feed!
Tomatoes are a great source of lycopene. Lyco whaaa? Lycopene is a powerful pigment that helps to prevent cancer. Another fact to know – males with a high level of lycopene in their system are less as likely to have a heart attack.